27 Feb Gynaecological Cancer – Warning Signs You Must Be Aware of!
The number of women suffering from gynaecological Cancers is rising in India. Cancer is usually named after the part of the body where it starts. Gynaecological cancer is a tumor that begins in a woman’s reproductive organs. Gynaecologic cancer starts in different areas within a woman’s pelvis, which is the area beneath the stomach and in the middle of the hipbones. Several types of gynaecological cancers can affect women. Here are some alarming signs and symptoms every woman must be aware of shared by Dr. Usha M Kumar, the best Gynecologist and Obstetrician in Delhi
There are 5 different types of gynaecological cancers:
- Cervical cancer starts in the cervix, which is the lower, slimmer end of the uterus. The uterus is also called the womb.
- Ovarian cancer starts in the ovaries, which are situated on each side of the uterus.
- Uterine cancer starts in the uterus in a woman’s pelvis where the child develops when a lady is pregnant.
- Vaginal cancer starts in the vagina, which is the empty, tube-like channel between the base of the uterus and ends as the vaginal opening.
- Vulvar cancer starts in the vulva, the external part of the female genital organs.
Signs and symptoms of the above-mentioned gynecologic cancers can be very indefinite; however, there are a few issues each woman needs to know about and look for.
The following are a few common symptoms of different gynecological cancer:
- Swollen leg
- Consistent bladder weight
- White discharge from the vagina
- Continuous steady pain in the lower abdomen or pelvic region
- Abnormal bleeding and discharge without monthly cycle
- Loss of appetite
- Irregular vaginal bleeding
- Unexplained weight loss
- Frequent urination
- Bloated stomach
- Consistent weakness
- Trouble eating or feeling full rapidly
- Vaginal draining or spotting after menopause
- Pelvic or stomach pain
- Heavy flow during periods
- Pain during sex
- An open sore or ulcer that lasts over a month
Many symptoms connected with gynecologic cancers may occur due to other reasons, which may make us ignore them. In case you see new side effects that are happening every day for more than a couple of weeks, this can be an indication of gynecological cancer. Worry Not! Make sure to go for regular check-ups with your gynecologist. Seek medical attention, if you feel that the aforesaid symptoms are persistent.
If you facing any specific problem or have any concerns related to gynecological cancer, you can consult an expert, the best Gynecologist and Obstetrician in Delhi – Dr. Usha M Kumar.