23 Sep Why you need the best gynecologist in Delhi for Ovarian Cyst
Did you know that some ovarian cysts may be cancerous. The ovaries are the major part of a female body. They are in a pair in the female reproductive system and are located on each side of the uterus. The sizes of the ovaries are usually the size of an almond. So, here comes the question in your mind is what do ovaries do? The ovaries produce eggs and are also the major source of the female hormones estrogen and progesterone. They affect the development of a woman’s breasts, body shape, and body hair. They also regulate the menstrual cycle and pregnancy. Let’s know in-depth with the best gynecologist in Delhi for Ovarian Cyst. Read on
In most cases, ovarian cysts are small, harmless, and produce no symptoms. In other cases, cysts may cause problems if they get larger, if they twist (ovarian torsion), or if they burst and cause internal bleeding. A cyst is located anywhere in the body. Ovarian cysts are fluid-filled pouches within or on the surface of an ovary. Different types of cysts can form in the ovary.
Many cysts are completely normal and called functional cysts. They are very commonly found. They occur during egg formation. Functional cysts usually contract over time, usually in a few months. If you have a cyst, you may need to go for a check-up once again in 1 to 2 months to make sure that the cyst has become smaller or has it completely gone. For this, you should visit the best gynecologist in Delhi for Ovarian Cyst. These cysts are rarely associated with cancer. But if you are not having periods, you will not have functional cysts.
There are other types of cysts also which are chocolate cyst, Simple cyst, or dermoid cyst.
- Nausea or vomiting
- Pressure, fullness, or pain in the abdomen
- Pain during sexual intercourse
- Painful menstrual periods and abnormal bleeding
How to identify the type of cyst?
To identify the type of cyst, the following tests are needed as Pelvic ultrasound and blood test (which is a tumor marker and is often important in ovarian cancer.)
How the ovarian cysts can be treated?
- The patient gets re-examined in one to three months to see if the cyst has changed in size. This is a common treatment option for women who are in their childbearing age, have no symptoms, and have a simple cyst less than 5 cm in size.
- Surgery. If the cyst does not go away after few menstrual cycles, has become larger, or looks unusual on the ultrasound, causes pain, or the woman is postmenopausal, then there is a need to remove it.
There are two surgical methods-
- Laparoscopy-If the cyst is small and looks non-cancerous on the ultrasound.
- Open Surgery-If the cyst is solid and looks suspicious, then open surgery is needed.
Gynecologists-obstetricians are the medical specialists most likely to treat ovarian cysts. Dr. Usha M Kumar is one such best gynecologist in Delhi for Ovarian Cyst. This personalized care helps patients understand their condition and the recommended treatment so that they can have confidence from the very start. Our surgeons are constantly finding better ways to improve outcomes for patients. Want to schedule an appointment? You can contact her here at: https://www.drushamkumar.com