14 Nov Robotic Assisted Surgery for Urethral Conditions
Robotic surgery, which is sometimes called robot-assisted surgery, minimally invasive surgery, or laparoscopic surgery, is a technique that has many benefits compared with traditional or conventional surgery. Dr. Usha M Kumar is the skilled and the best Robotic Surgeon in Delhi. She specializes in minimally invasive techniques, including robotic surgery.
What are the different urethral conditions that may require surgical involvement?
The ureter is nothing but a tube that carries urine from the kidney to the bladder. The upper half of the ureter is found in the abdomen, while the lower half is to be found in the pelvic area. This tube has thick walls, which have contractility.
Conditions affecting the ureter may affect the passage of urine and blockage may lead to inflammation of the kidney.
Some of the common urethral conditions are given below, which may require surgery, are
- Infections of the urinary area & system
- External trauma (like an accident or other physical injury)
- Scarring due to previous surgery
- Retroperitoneal Fibrosis
- Urethral Re-flux
- A blockage between kidney and ureter.
- Radiation Therapy in surrounding organs (Example- cervical cancer)
Any kind of delay in the treatment of these conditions can result in permanent damage to the kidney, says Dr. Usha M Kumar, the best Robotic Surgeon in Delhi.
What are the types of Robotic Surgical Procedures for Urethral Problems? There are many surgical procedures are available to treat these problems, such as:
- Robotic Surgery for Removing Urethral Blockages: This procedure removes the blocked portion of the ureter and reconnects the healthy ends in order to create a new patent tube for the passage of urine.
- Robotic-Assisted Urethral Re-implantation: This procedure is done if the urethral blockage is near the bladder. The ureter is sewed directly into the bladder bypassing the blockage.
- Robotic-Assisted Urinary Tract Reconstruction: This is done for Vesicoureteral reflux when urine flows backward from the bladder towards the kidney).
Robotic-Assisted Surgery is a minimally invasive surgery, so you do not need to worry much about the surgery. Consult Dr. Usha M Kumar, the best Robotic Surgeon in Delhi for Robotic Surgery Treatment at her Robotic Surgery clinic in Delhi. She is performing robotic surgery effectively for a decade.