10 Jul What to Expect during your First Trimester of Pregnancy
Congratulations, you’re pregnant! Welcome to one of the most exciting experiences of your life! Now what? A lot happens during the first trimester of your pregnancy. Here’s Dr. Usha M Kumar, the best gynecologist in Delhi telling you what to know about the first trimester of your pregnancy.
What You May Expect During Your First Trimester Visit
Dr. Usha M Kumar believes in providing newly pregnant women the information they need and providing an early assessment of their pregnancy. This visit occurs prior to the doctor’s consultation appointment.
SYMPTOMS OF PREGNANCY
Some of the important symptoms are:
- Morning sickness- which can occur at any time of day or night usually begins as early as three weeks of conception. Due to the increased level of hormone estrogen and progesterone, this problem arises. Pregnant women usually have intensified sense of smell to various odors such as food, cooking, perfume, or smoke.
- A missed period is the most common symptom of pregnancy but it is not necessary that if you miss the periods you are supposed to be pregnant. A simple pregnancy test can usually help you to determine a positive pregnancy test. The urine and blood pregnancy test look for the hormone HCG.
- Breast changes, as when there is an increase in the level of the hormone after conception changes occur in the breast; it may become swollen, sore, and heavy with fullness. It generally takes one week’s time to adjust to new changes in hormones. But when it does the breast pain should ease up.
- Fatigue is most likely to occur in early pregnancy. You will feel very lazy every time it will also lower down your blood pressure and sugar levels.
- Frequent urination usually occurs in women due to pregnancy itself. It starts around the sixth or eighth week after conception. Other reasons may be urinary infections or diabetes.
- Pimples and acne are the most common symptom that occurs in women in pregnancy. But as soon as your hormone level stabilizes this will settle down. Don’t try to squeeze the pimples as it will leave scars and it will increase the chances of spreading bacterial infections, says the best gynecologist in Delhi.
- Constipation due to an increase in the level of the hormone usually progesterone which causes your food to slowly pass down the intestine. To get rid of this problem drink plenty of water, exercise, and eat plenty of high-fiber foods.
- Mood swings usually occur in the first trimester of pregnancy. Sometimes women become emotional and happy: it depends on the rise and fall in the hormone. Right from conception, your body creating an environment to support and protect your baby.
- Spotting around 8-10 days after ovulation you will observe light spotting which is caused by the implantation of the embryo in the lining of the uterus. The spotting is usually red in color not red like a normal period.
- High basal body temperature (BBT) is regularly measuring your temperature you will observe your BBT remains high throughout your lethal phase. Due to the variation of BBT, rises upon ovulation and stays high and if you are not pregnant, your Basal Body Temperature will drop right down and you’ll get your period as normal.
Finding the Right and Best Gynecologist in Delhi
There are so many things to consider during pregnancy, and choosing the right gynecologist for you is a big decision. An experienced gynec should act as your trusted guide throughout your pregnancy, and it’s important that you share the same concerns, so be sure to get his or her viewpoint on the issues that matter most to you. Dr.Usha M Kumar, the best gynecologist in Delhi specializes in women’s healthcare and always prioritizes the needs of our patients. Connect with us here, call us and schedule an appointment, today!