31 Mar All about Vaginal Bleeding During Pregnancy
Vaginal bleeding at the time of pregnancy can be really terrifying. But, there is nothing to worry about as bleeding is quite normal during the first trimester. It is required to take measures in case of an imminent miscarriage or something that demands urgent treatment. Let us dive into it to know the possible reasons for vaginal bleeding and when you need to see the best gynecologist in Delhi for each trimester.
First Trimester (i.e. first 12 weeks)
- Implantation bleeding, when the fertilized egg attaches itself to the uterus lining.
- Cervical problems such as infection or inflammation.
- Ectopic pregnancy, when pregnancy occurred outside of the uterine cavity e.g. in the fallopian tube or in the ovary or in the peritoneal cavity.
- Molar pregnancy noncancerous tumor developing in the uterus region.
Consult your doctor if you are suffering from mild bleeding that is continuing more than a day along with cramps, abdominal pain, or fever.
Second trimester (i.e. weeks 13 to 24)
- Intra-uterine death of the fetus.
- Swelling of the cervix.
- Placenta praevia when placenta implanted in the lower side of the uterus.
- Placental abruption – Placenta forms in the uterus at the time of pregnancy for nourishing the baby.
- An incompetent cervix or weak tissues in the cervix may contribute to the preterm birth of the baby.
- Uterine rupture.
- Cervical disorders.
- Preterm labor, when the labor pain starts before 37 completed weeks of pregnancy.
You can consult your gynecologist and seek medical help in this trimester similar to that of the first trimester.
Third Trimester (i.e. weeks 25 to 40)
Vaginal bleeding can happen at any stage of pregnancy, from conception to delivery. Common Vaginal Bleeding, added with mucus and a bloody or a pink vaginal discharge at the final weeks of pregnancy is an indication of forthcoming labor.
Consult the doctor if any vaginal bleeding occurs before the 37th week along with pain in the abdomen.
If you wish to discuss any specific problem or have any concerns, you can consult an expert, the best gynecologist in Delhi NCR- Dr. Usha M Kumar to know what may cause vaginal bleeding during pregnancy.