10 Jun 5 common yet painful symptoms of Uterine Fibroids
Uterine fibroids are non-cancerous growths that develop in a female reproductive system or uterus. In few cases, these tumors are gentle in nature but sometimes they develop in size and affect the healthy lives of people. Approximately 30-50 % of women, who have reached their reproductive age, suffer from this painful health condition. Women who are going through menopause or obese, have greater chances of suffering from this condition. These uterine growths have some terribly painful symptoms. According to Dr. Usha M Kumar, also the best doctor for fibroid treatment in India says how unique fibroids can be, your treatment plan will depend on your individual case.
Common Symptoms of Uterine Fibroids:
- Chronic Pelvic Pain- If the tumors grow, women would feel pressure and heaviness in their pelvis or lower abdomen. In a few cases, the uterus enlarges causing severe discomfort and pain. Women feel difficulty in lying down, bending, or exercising.
- Bad Periods- Uterine fibroids could lead to heavy and abnormal vaginal bleeding. Women would also experience long menstruation cycles, blood clots, and terrible cramps. People become anemic, due to excessive blood loss.
- Bladder Problems- Large tumors put excess pressure on the bladder giving rise to the issue of frequent urination. In a few cases, women cannot empty their bladder even if they want to.
- Backache- The growths at times put pressure on the nerves and muscles of the lower back causing excessive pain, block the vaginal passage leading to discomfort, and severe pain.
- Pregnancy Problems- Depending on the size and place of the tumors, they could lead to complications during pregnancy. When a woman conceives, her body releases hormones causing the womb to grow. Tumors increasing the chances of premature labor, miscarriages, and complexities during delivery.
If you are suffering from the above symptoms, it is better to consult with a gynecologist immediately and take proficient guidance. Uterine Fibroid Embolization (UFE) is a treatment for fibroids. It preserves the uterus and gives relief from the tumors as well as the pain related to the condition.
Dr. Usha M Kumar is extremely proficient in obstetrics, gynecology, and infertility cases and an expert gynecologist in Delhi for various gynecological surgeries. She is the best doctor for fibroid treatment in India and has helped many patients.